Icon Vehicle Dynamics - Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs - 2017-2020 Raptor
Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs
The Ford Raptor is an extremely capable truck that has captured the attention of the off-road community over the past few years. Since the Raptor's release ICON Vehicle Dynamics' engineers have pushed this vehicle to extremes to develop the most sophisticated suspension components on the market. From the brutal deserts of the Southwest, to the deep snow of Michigan’s U.P., to the wooded trails of the East coast ICON suspension systems have been put to the test and performed flawlessly. Unable to leave "well-enough" alone, ICON is aiming to once again raise the bar in Raptor performance with the release of a multi-rate leaf spring that represents the latest component in the ICON complete suspension system for the Gen 2 Raptor.
To fully take advantage of ICON’s current 2017+ F150 Raptor offerings, ICON engineers decided to scrap the OE leaf springs and develop a replacement that addressed a couple issues found in the R&D process. The result is a user-adjustable multi-rate leaf pack that offers a major performance gain for almost every Raptor setup imaginable. To increase the ride quality of the truck and gain additional droop travel, the spring rate was designed to be slightly lighter than factory, which was found to be on the stiff side for smaller, choppier terrain. While most Raptor owners will embrace the improved ride quality this provides, there are those who have outfitted their trucks with a significant amount of weight and require more load carrying capability. Understanding this, ICON engineers designed the leaf pack with an additional leaf (included with kit) that can be exchanged or added to the pack, yielding an additional 20% or 40% spring rate that will work well for heavier vehicles.
Features like tip inserts and leaf separators add to ride comfort, while a triple military wrapped front and rear half wrapped eyelet increases durability and strength of the leaf spring. A rebound leaf was added to reduce the axle wrap of the Raptor, which was another issue that has been found through ICON’s extensive testing. These features all combine for a ride that is night and day smoother on choppy trails, dirt roads, and even in the parking lot. No matter if its a spare tire, chase rack, a roof top tent, or more this ICON leaf spring is the perfect option for 2017+ Raptors looking to improve the ride quality and performance with a reliable and proven bolt-on solution.
Option #1 (as shipped)
- +1.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- +20% spring rate over Option #1
- +2.25" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- +1.00" lift height over stock w/ 400lb constant load
- +40% spring rate over option #1
- +3.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- +0.50" lift height over stock w/ 850lb constant load
- 3 user-adjustable spring rates for unique vehicle setups
- Triple military wrap front eyelet and rear half wrap for increased durability
- Rebound leaf reduces severe axle wrap
- Leaf separators and tip inserts reduce noise and friction while increasing ride comfort
- Direct bolt-in to OEM spring location makes for an easy install
- "ICON 1K" tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- Compatible with factory shocks
- Does not require modification of factory exhaust system
- Removal of the bed is not required for installation
- ICON multi-rate leaf springs require bump stop spacer kit (PN: 95226) if ICON's hydraulic bump stop kit (PN: 95121) is not used
*Free shipping to commercial address only
California Residents: Prop 65 WARNING: This product MAY contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Residents: CARB WARNING: OffroadAlliance.com will not ship any products that are not CARB approved to California. This only affects CARB related products such that affect car performance and emissions where CARB approval is required.
Matt at off-road Alliance was super knowledgeable. He talked about things I needed vs things I wanted (reality v perception).
The store itself is clean and well stocked. Like a toy store for grown ups.
These new leaf springs are exactly what I needed to reduce wheel hop I was having on the trail. They also fixed the problem of sag with rack, RTT, and Decked system in the rear. I went with ICON because of the ability to change the leaf pack around for your needs. I definitely recommend them. The only negative thing I have to say is that they didn't really come packaged well and the spring coating looked very poorly done with extra bits hanging off the pack and peeling. Seemed like everything was thrown together quickly, maybe due to COVID.
Always a pleasure to do business with