Diode Dynamics High Beam HID Conversion Kit - 2018 Ford F-150
- OEM-grade ballasts for high reliability
- High striking voltage for flicker-free start
- True colors, not green or purple
- Ceramic based bulbs for long life
Critical. The ballasts are the most important component of an HID kit, as they handle the critical and sensitive control of power. After years of providing midrange ballasts, Diode Dynamics identified a company called HYLUXTEK in 2012 as the very best manufacturer in the industry. Their newest ballast, the 2A88 slim, is simply the best aftermarket ballast on the market, and was jointly developed with Philips. These days, others have caught on- you will see other high-end retailers carrying this same ballast, usually under their own brand name, for a much higher cost.
ASIC Chip. Most digital HID ballasts on the market still use generic integrated circuits, which are the cheapest option. They work OK, but when you need maximum quality and efficiency from an electronic component, you need a new computer chip designed specifically for the job. This is known as an Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). These ballasts use full ASIC chips for maximum efficiency and brightness, and extremely stable operation. To prevent counterfeiting, HYLUX has even included a fully-sealed transparent window in the ballast, showing the ASIC inside.
Built Tough. These ballasts are fully potted, or filled with epoxy, which makes them fully waterproof and shockproof. This material is expensive, so most ballasts on the market are only given a coating, or a partial fill. HYLUX ballasts are completely filled to the top, sparing no expense to ensure longevity. If you take off the back cover on this ballast, you'll see what we mean!
High Reliability. The bulbs included with Diode Dynamics kits are CNLight bulbs, which are widely regarded as the most dependable and reliable aftermarket bulbs on the market. Just like the HYLUX ballasts, you will see other companies offering these same bulbs under their own brand name. They provide superior life and color attenuation when compared to generic HID bulbs, like those found in most cheaper kits on the market. With these bulbs you won't have any issue with bulbs not matching in color, or flickering, which is common in cheaper bulbs. The one-piece ceramic base design prevents any issues with separation over time, making the entire bulb extremely reliable.
True Colors. If you’re looking for green or purple lights, you’ll have to go somewhere else. These HIDs are available in true, accurate color temperatures, which we measure at our photometric test lab. These white colors will provide more visible light on the road, and won’t cause distraction.
- 3000K is our lowest temperature, and has a pure yellow output, which is great for use in fog lights.
- 4300K is a natural white output, as seen on vehicles with factory HIDs. It will not have any blue tint to its color, and might appear slightly warm.
- 5000K is a pure white output, without any warm hint, and no tint of blue either.
- 6000K is our most popular color, which produces an ice white color. It matches best with most LEDs.
- 8000K is our highest temperature, which produces an ice blue color. This is not a strong blue color though- it is still primarily white, meaning there will be no decrease in light output.
Full Power. You may choose to include a heavy-duty relay, to power your HIDs directly from the battery, instead of the factory wiring. This relay has been designed from scratch by Diode Dynamics, and utilizes a fully-sealed, waterproof relay, with flyback diode, and even has a built-in capacitor for input power smoothing. All wires are sleeved with braided techflex for an attractive appearance and extra protection. The input wires are each a meter long, and the output wires are one meter and two meters, which means the wiring will be long enough for even the biggest vehicles. The single-ground design makes installation easy. This relay was designed with reliability, convenience, and long-life in mind.
- One pair 9005 CNLight HID bulbs in your choice of bulb color
- Two 35w super-slim ballasts (HYLUX 2A88 Slim CANBUS)
- One Premium Waterproof Relay (optional)
- Mounting hardware for ballasts (3M mounting pads)
- Three-year replacement warranty (all components including bulbs)
- Replacement for 9005 bulb size
- Plug and play, direct fitment in your vehicle
- Bulb size is a direct swap for your original application
California Residents: Prop 65 WARNING: This product MAY contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Residents: CARB WARNING: OffroadAlliance.com will not ship any products that are not CARB approved to California. This only affects CARB related products such that affect car performance and emissions where CARB approval is required.