Full Race - V2 Intercooler - 2017-2020 Raptor 3.5L
Freak-O-Boost Front Mount Intercooler Kit
FITMENT: 2017-2020 Raptor EcoBoost w/ eBOV, 2017-2020 Raptor EcoBoost w/ aftermarket BOV
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler is an easy bolt-on installation for any turbocharged vehicle. Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock F150 cooler is located below the radiator in the lower front grille area. This stock EcoBoost intercooler uses a thin aluminum intercooler core crimped to plastic endtanks. The design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However high performance and larger turbos can over-work the stock core, causing heatsoak (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power.
The F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse, so high strength and durability are mandatory. Our gussetted thickwall aluminum upper-bracket and hand made endtanks are expertly TIG welded in precise fixtures and relocate the core out of harms way. We pressure test every intercooler to 50 psi on our test stand to ensure our customers never receive a leaking core (even small pinhole leaks can lose power). The lower support beam is hand-fabricated from high strength steel and powder coated black. This intercooler has 3" inlet / 3" outlet and is available with AEM water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe.
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L Gen2 Raptor V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings - no tuning required
- Direct Bolt On removal of shutter assembly required
- Optional Black Powder Coating on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150's to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
- Winch Compatible: Rough Country 1010 hidden-winch mounting plate + VR10000 WARN Winch
Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit Includes:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (larger than the stock 6.5mm size) for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels.
- Intercooler Lower Mounting Beam
- Intercooler Upper Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- Couplers and Clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
- Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket
CFD Designed Intercooler End Tanks
Full Race F150 EcoBoost V2 Intercooler Endtank Top View
Full Race F150 EcoBoost V2 Intercooler Endtank Side View
Full Race F150 EcoBoost V2 Intercooler Endtank Bottom View
Optional Black Powder Coating
- Before Bare Aluminum
- After Black Powder Coating
OEM Electronic Blow Off Valve option (eBOV)
TiAL Q BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine, causing a misfire event. We recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine's throttle body. The 2017+ eBOV may leak boost above 22psi, so we strongly recommend using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups.
California Residents: Prop 65 WARNING: This product MAY contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Residents: CARB WARNING: OffroadAlliance.com will not ship any products that are not CARB approved to California. This only affects CARB related products such that affect car performance and emissions where CARB approval is required.
Excellent savings with packages on great products. If you have any issues they are on it! Customer service is top notch!
I installed the black v2 intercooler and couldn’t be happier. I now have a warn winch and improved performance with the OEM look I wanted to maintain. Super stoked.
Jeff made the whole experience very smooth from ordering to the delivery to my installers. Can't say enough good things about their customer service. Products looks and works great on my 2018 Raptor.
This made a huge difference with the other mods and I could actually put a cool bumper on once I installed this. A great performance mod.